Sunday 17 June 2012

How do you view yourself?

Metacognition - Thinking about your thinking.


"What type of personality do you have?"


"Um....Let me get back to you on that..."


 Looking at yourself from a subjective viewpoint is an interesting thing to do, it makes you really see who you are. Summarise these things into a few phrases that describe you. Then, next time someone asks you to define your personality, you will have a clearer idea and a quicker reply. Different people will have different views of others through their own subjective viewpoint, but one's own belief of who they are is most likely to be the most accurate description, depending on their view of themselves. For instance, if somebody is pessimistic, they are more likely going to see themmselves as a failure or see themselves in a bad way; whereas an optimist is more likely to see themself as a good person who tries their best too make the world a better place. Please note that the only source of this article is my own thoughts, so it is in no way credible and  this may not make any sense whatsoever to anyone else, and may be very untrue to some people. But in my mind, it certainly is interesting.

For example, I see myself as a marginally insecure, sometimes lonely, overquestioning perfectionist.
I try and be optimistic, and I am most of the time, but my tendency to overthink things and look too deeply into things can sometimes make me see things, such as myself, or others, or events, in a different way that is not always good. This is how I get myself down, and begin to feel insecure. I try and avoid overthinking most things when it is unneccessary to do so, as it will only make me feel sad or disappointed. Anyway, I just thought this was an interesting topic to share with you this evening. If you are comfortable, I would be most interested to see a summary of how you define yourself, so leave a comment if you like. No pressure though :)

Good evening.

- Emma

P.S.-Metacognition may not be the right word to use-I haven't yet done my research on this topic. Forgive me for any false imformation that is presented.
This cow is thinking about himself. :D

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on. It was sweet you should've left it there!

      Delete
  2. Metacognition...

    Umm, I like to think of myself as a strong-willed optimist, but I used to be a little insensitive and oblivious of others' feelings. It may be because I can often feel insecure about my own.

    I'm a very proud person, and although I think such things as 'honour' and 'dignity' quite childish, I cannot help but feel sometimes that I have a reputation to uphold - eg get high marks and be the perfect student.

    And this has been edited, because I changed my mind about what I said earlier. I shall find true love and eternal happiness! :D

    ~Shining Sunlight~

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://the-blog-of-complaints.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/inner-perceptions.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to express your opinions! Leave a comment!